Back to team
Jan Paul Van Driel
Jan Paul has 30 years’ consulting and industry experience, mainly in the upstream energy sector. He’s supported clients in most aspects of the energy life cycle – in conventional, unconventional and renewable energy sources – in highly uncertain situations often with conflicting perspectives.
Jan Paul holds an MSc from the Technical University of Delft in the Netherlands, an MBA from the City University Business School in London and a Diploma in Company Direction from the IoD. He frequently speaks at industry conferences and serves on company advisory boards. He is a Fellow of the Society of Decision Professionals.
- Upstream Oil and Gas: helped a supermajor with government negotiations in one of their core countries to find the appropriate balance between supporting the host and ensuring sustainability of investments
- Collaboration and JVs: numerous assignments as independent facilitator to align stakeholders with fundamental conflict. Two recent examples include:
- Supporting a unique collaboration between operators in Norway.
- Helping JV partners make high stake, controversial decisions for a mega project. Supported alignment decisions on operating model, commercial negotiations and licence protection. Created a language that supported on-going decisions.
- Carbon Management: over several years supported the design, implementation and refinement of a corporate carbon management system for a supermajor. This enabled a uniform approach in the company and helped connect corporate policy with action.
- General: worked in several industries on a large variety of strategy assignments, including corporate, country, technology and asset strategies. Other projects include creating decision roadmaps, facilitating complex decisions, creating organisational decision capability, and innovation processes.