Back to team
Stephen Uhl has over 15 years experience applying decision analysis and strategy techniques to oil & gas and other process-related industries. He has particular expertise in analytical methods and in portfolio analysis. Some of his assignments included:
- Leading a comprehensive evaluation of a diversified energy service company’s business portfolio. This effort resulted in significant restructuring of the portfolio, including divestiture of several business units.
- Restructuring the strategic planning and budgeting process for one of the largest energy companies in the United States, resulting in faster decision-making and a more tightly focused business portfolio.
- Leading a complete re-evaluation of their strategies for deregulation of a natural gas utility that led to a restructuring of their lines of business.
- Leading numerous projects to create exploration and development strategies for major multi-national oil companies. For the research arm of a major US oil company, led a process to develop valuation techniques for its R&D activities.
- Creating and deploying a process and analytical methods for rapidly analyzing cost and schedule risk for major capital projects around the world.
Steve has consulted for numerous energy companies, and delivered training workshops to hundreds of executives. He has an MBA from Amos Tuck School at Dartmouth, a M.S. from Renssellaer Polytechnic Institute, and a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.