Back to team
Duncan has over 18 years’ experience in helping organisations make better strategic decisions. He’s led consulting engagements in upstream oil and gas, petroleum, power, automotive, life sciences, chemicals and consumer electronics.
Duncan has an MA in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Brasenose College, Oxford University. He is a Fellow of the Society of Decision Professionals.
- Helping an oil supermajor decide the future of an upstream country organisation with around $5bn in revenues. Helped the leadership team create an action plan for the new strategy.
- Formulating strategies that contributed hundreds of millions of dollars of extra value for many North Sea oil and gas assets.
- Helping a consortium of joint venture partners agree over transportation of natural gas to market as part of a multi-billion dollar development project.
- Leading a “Life of Field Strategy” project with the licence partners of one of the highest producing fields on the UKCS. Identified and applied best practices in field life planning from examples in the UK and Norway.
- Supporting a supermajor oil company in creating rejuvenation strategy for its UK and Netherlands SNS portfolio.
- Supporting Shell in its lead role in writing one of several strategy reports commissioned by the Norwegian Energy Minister via the Norwegian petroleum industry body, Konkraft.