Back to team
Charles has over 30 years’ international experience, primarily with Shell companies, with a focus on gas and a geographical focus on Europe, Africa, ME and Russia/CIS. He is a private equity investor in technology players and has engaged in interim and advisory assignments, some with a focus on gas conversion.
Charles holds an MBA (INSEAD) and a BSc Civil Engineering, Kings College (Casely Prize for Outstanding Academic Achievement).
- Regional EVP for Shell in Russia/Caspian/CIS, including Chairman of Sakhalin Energy Investment Company.
- CEO Shell Energy Europe (gas/power/carbon/wind marketing and trading business).
- Midstream EVP for Shell in Gas & Power.
- Various positions in downstream, including bottom line leadership in retail and trading.
- Board positions in exploration, exploration and production and mining companies in the Caspian, Russia and Africa.