Adam is a Principal with extensive experience in upstream oil and gas and the broader energy sector. He has worked with many companies addressing challenging issues in E&P, Power, renewable energy and CO2. Adam has 16 years’ experience helping energy companies, recent examples include:
- Leading the formulation and evaluation of strategic options for a midsize E&P company’s European coalbed methane assets, bringing clear insight into the nature of the business and value of the opportunity.
- Working with a client to develop and define corporate policy, pricing and communication for CO2 evaluation and management.
- Defining and evaluating the strategic choices for a client in a major emerging North American shale gas play. Developing a rigorous analytical model to provide insight into the value of alternate development strategies and competitor infrastructure.
- Leading the analysis to evaluate investment options for a deepwater FPSO and identify routes to maximise value through consideration of crude grades and price differentials, processing and pipeline capacities and nearby exploration potential and uncertainty.
- Helping a client frame and develop the investment decision criteria for their wind power portfolio. Incorporating understanding of how national policies incentivise carbon reduction and the implications of potential new policies on wind investments.
- Working with a client to evaluate the investment decision on the development of a new “CCS ready” coal power station. Developed an understanding of how CO2 prices, plant capture performance and power prices affect the value of the plant.
Adam supported Shell in its lead role in writing one of several strategy reports commissioned by the Norwegian Energy Minister via the Norwegian petroleum industry body, Konkraft. He also co-authored a paper for the Norwegian Exploration Managers’ conference in 2008.
Adam was previously a Director at CERA / IHS and prior to that he was a Senior Consultant at Strategic Decision Group. Earlier experience included commercialising technology for evaluating reservoir uncertainty in collaboration with BP Research.
Adam holds a BSc in Physics from the University of Bristol and an MBA from Imperial College Business School, London.
Contact Adam on +44 7876 243 480, email: firstname.lastname@example.org